Seachem Purigen Removes Organic Waste from Marine and Freshwater Aquariums
Our policy is simple. If you are not 100% satisfied with your pet supplies, you can return any unused product in the original condition within 30 days.
100% New & Authentic
100% New & Authentic
PetMountain has built a reputation since 2004 as a reliable pet supply company by only offering new pet products by 100% authentic brands that customers love & trust.
Fast Shipping & Delivery
Fast Shipping & Delivery
- $6.95 flat-rate shipping.
- Free shipping on orders over $75.
- Fast order processing within 1 business day.
- Fast delivery within 1-5 days by USPS / FedEx.
Seachem Purigen Ultimate Filtration is a premium synthetic adsorbent that, unlike any other filtration product, is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water at a rate and capacity that exceeds all others by over 500%.
- Removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water
- Controls ammonia, nitrites, nitrates
- Polishes water to unparalleled clarity
Purigen controls ammonia, nitrites and nitrates by removing nitrogenous organic waste that would otherwise release these harmful compounds. Purigens impact on trace elements is minimal. It significantly raises redox. It polishes water to unparalleled clarity. Purigen darkens progressively as it exhausts, and is easily renewed by treating with bleach. Purigen is designed for both marine and freshwater use.
Why Its Different:
- Selectivity: Purigen is the highest capacity organic filtration resin on the market. No other products can compare to its ability to clear haziness and polish water to unparalleled clarity. Unlike other products on the market which are simple ion-exchange resins, Purigen is specifically designed to be an organic scavenging resin. When ion-exchange resins are filled to capacity by metals and other contaminants, Purigen has barely begun to reach its potential. Purigen generally ignores simple elemental compounds, having an extreme affinity for nitrogenous organics. The primary source of nitrogenous compounds in an aquarium is waste. Fish, corals, even plants produce nitrogenous waste. Purigen removes that waste faster and more completely than anything else on the market.
- Capacity: Purigens possesses enhanced capacity owing to its vast surface area. All other resins on the market are purely spherical extruded beads. These beads remain smooth even under a microscope. Purigen is both spherical and macroreticular. It has microscopic pores that increase its usable surface area to many times that of a purely spherical resin.
- Regeneration: Purigen can also be regenerated. As it adsorbs waste products, Purigen will change color from a pale blonde to a dark brown, almost black. Once it is exhausted, it can be regenerated with a solution of bleach and water. The bleach will literally “burn off" the organics that have been removed from the tank. Watch out for products that claim to be regenerable with a brine solution. That is the regeneration procedure for ion-exchange purposes. A brine solution will not remove organics. While such resins have a limited capacity for organic adsorption, a brine regeneration process only replaces removed ionic compounds. It does not destroy large organic molecules that were removed, which is the primary function of organic adsorption resins.
Rinse before use. Use in a fine mesh filter bag. Each 1 L treats up to 4,000 L (1,000 gallons) for up to six months. Exhaustion is indicated by a pronounced discoloration of the beads to dark brown or black.
Regeneration: Soak in a 1:1 bleach:water solution for 24 hours in a non-metalic container in a well ventilated area and away from children. Rinse well, then soak for 8 hours with a solution containing 2 tablespoons of ChlorGuard, Prime, or equivalent dechlorinator per cup of water. Rinse well. Original color and full activity should now be restored and Purigen is ready for reuse. Caution: some slime coat products may permanently foul Purigen and render regeneration difficult. Do not reuse if odor of chlorine is detectable. In case of doubt, soak beads in small quantity of water and test for residual chlorine with a chlorine test kit.
100 ml (Media Bag): Treats 106 Gallons
250 ml: Treats 265 Gallons
500 ml: Treats 530 Gallons
1 Liter: Treats 1,060 Gallons
2 Liters: Treats 2,120 Gallons
100% Secure Checkout
Payment methods & security:
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
I love this product - does what it says. Keeps my tanks clear as can be. I have it all my tanks, wouldn't be without it and Petmountain has the best price on it.
I've been skeptical of the claims on this product, but it's effectiveness cannot be overstated. My tank of extremely messy ranchus has never looked or tested so good, even after 100% water changes. Water is crystal clear, all tests are 0 in less than a week.
Tried using the Purigen in my Fluval FX5 filter to get rid of high levels of ammonia in my 55 gal. goldfish tank. It did the job, and ammonia levels are back to normal.
Excellent product I put it in my 20 gallon tank that had a brown color for about a year even with water exchanges. Also nitrite level had increased. The next day when I went to feed the fish the tank was clearer than tap water, and I could not believe it. I have now added it to my 55 gal today hope the same thing happens. Will order more on my next order.
Purigen is TOPS. It polishes water to crystal clear clarity. It keeps nitrates at bay. I highly recommend this product.
First time trying Purigen and I'm very impressed how it's performing in my tank. I've had clear water before but using this with Rena XP XL just took my tank in another level. Solid clear water...but healthy looking clear water. It's hard to explain haha. I also like how you can recharge it by soaking it with bleach and all that. Another excellent product by Seachem.
Great product...clears/polishes water and keeps quality excellent.
I've used various types of carbon, other products such as nitrozorb, and SeaChem Purigen is the best chemical filtration I have ever used. Made my water crystal clear in a 40G within hours, and cleared up an emergency crash of some sort. Perfect for any non-planted tank (it sucks up everything), good to have for a planted tank in the event of a crash. Also perfect for a quarantine tank. I think everyone should have a few of these around. One of my best purchases for my aquarium!
My tanks (20) are so clear and healty and I am sure the Purigen has a lot to do with it....I was having purity issues and I looked around and asked a lot of questions and many suggested Purigen so..... it works so well, every week or so I change the bag and regenerate..it must be picking up impurities since the bags turn brown and my fish stay happy! Everyone should use them....I will never stop..I am a fanatic for purity and this is just perfect for my ways...
We put natural wood in our aquarium. It was leaching tannin even after boiling it. I was getting ready to give up and replace the natural wood with something different and found this product. To my surprise it really works! It is such a small packet but keeps my 49 gallon clear and the natural wood is staying.